Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Adventures

Sziasztok!

Well what a crazy week this was. Firstly, something I forgot to talk about last week, I confirmed Márton in Hungarian which was insane, it went surprisingly well and I think I got across everything that I needed to in the blessing, so it was super cool. Márton got the priesthood this week and now he's heading off on a mini-mission in another city called Kecskemét for a month and a half. So it's all just a super cool thing to see happen.

Okay, so transfers. Transfers are super cool, I got to see a bunch of my MTC district as well as meeting a bunch of other people, including my new companion Elder Winkel (I realise now that I spelled his name wrong last week). But he's super awesome, he's just a loud energetic kid from Utah who loves to have adventures. He's in his second last transfer, which means that he speaks really well, which is fantastic. 

So the adventures of this week. Firstly meeting my new district, so everyone here in Pest left except for me and we also got new Sisters so, I had 5 new missionaries, including a greenie join me here. The new district is really cool though and we got a huge 60cm pizza after district meeting, so I'm excited for the things to come this transfer. 
On friday night, Elder Winkel and I literally thought we were being terrorist attacked, we heard 3 really loud booms then we looked out the window and saw a bunch of smoke over near the Duna. So we did the natural thing and called our zone leaders, who told us it was probably nothing, then they called the APs who just told us to pray about it and go to bed. Then we heard nothing more about it in the morning so I guess there was no terrorist attack, either that or our prayers worked really well.
Saturday we went to Vác for a ward activity, it was way fun, we got to see the whole city, got some lunch at this nice restaurant and then ended up getting blessed by a catholic nun on the way to the train station.

Then to finish off the week (or start, I don't really know) on Monday we had Zone conference. Zone conferences are super cool, we talked about christ-like attributes, why they're important and how we can develop them. Our zone leaders made an interesting point about how the process of repentance is how we improve pretty much any part of our lives that we want to work on. We first have to recognise the area that needs improvement, gain a desire or motivation to change or improve, seek out a way to improve, then act daily on the help that we have received to keep us continually improving and moving closer to whatever the goal is that we want to achieve.

Viszontlátásra
                                                                  The Opera House
                                                         I met my grandpa at transfers
                                                                    District pic in Vác

No comments:

Post a Comment