Called to serve Feb 2016

Monday 4 July 2016

Soccer, Splits and Speedos

Mizu emberek?

Another wonderful week has passed here in the glorious country of Magyarország.

So one of the cool things that happened this week is Hungary has been doing unusually well in Soccer. For the first time in like 44 years or something like that Hungary qualified for the UEFA European tournament and so the whole city is all decked out in the piros, fehér, zöld (red, white and green) and Hajra Magyarok! (Go Hungarians! I guess is a decent translation) is written everywhere. Then Hungary managed to not lose a single game in groups and so everyone was going crazy. But the dream run came to an end last night, so everyone is kinda sad now, but it was really cool to see the amazing national pride come out in the Hungarians.

This week I finally got to do my first real overnight splits. I got to spend a day working with my wonderful new zone leader Elder Beaumont. Splits are super fun and it's always super cool to see how other people go about the work, so they're always great learning experiences. Plus we went and got like the best pizza in Hungary, so that was pretty sweet too.

So as the weather begins getting hotter and more humid here, there's one thing that comes out that makes our tracting a little more interesting, and that's the Speedo! I wish I had kept a count of the number of Bacsi's (old guys) that answered the door in nothing but a speedo. My count for just Saturday was 7, so my overall guess for the week is around 20-25 old men wearing only a speedo. It really is an adventure every time you ring a csengő, but we wouldn't have it any other way.

Well that's all I've got time for, hope you all have a wonderful week!

Minden jót!

Pics!
Well just one pic today, me and Elder Winkel found this sweet motivational grafiti on this staircase

No comments:

Post a Comment