Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 21 June 2016

May 30: Túl sok étel- Too much food

Sziasztok,

So this week was a very interesting week.

Firstly, after weeks of searching, we finally got a new apartment so that we can bring another set of missionaries into Pest for the next transfer. So chances are I'll be moving apartments at transfers even though I'll probably stay here in Pest. But it's a pretty nice apartment, so it's not too bad.

I don't know what it was about this week, but for some reason pretty much everyone cancelled on us, we literally had like 6 appointments cancel on us in like 3 or 4 days. But that just meant that we spent a lot of time going out tracting. Unfortunately, the areas that we went to were a little more normal than usual and so we didn't really have any crazy tracting experiences.

One cool thing though, was that for the first time I solo gave out a Book of Mormon, I was just talking to this lady after English class with my very limited Hungarian and decided that I should ask her if she wanted a Book of Mormon and she happily took one. It felt good to actually contribute on my own, not just relying on the Hungarian skills of Elder Jensen.

It seems like I talk about food a lot in these emails, but I'm going to do it again. We had so much food the last couple days. I kept getting told that you would never get fed out here, but we got fed 4 times in 2 days, it was crazy. First a lady fed each of me and my companion like 8 Palacsinta's, which are kind of like pancake-y crepe things filled with chocolate or jam, then after I was already super full we had lunch with a member and she fed us some other food with a whole bunch of another desert which I still have no idea what it was other than it was delicious. I was so full I could barely move. Then we cancelled a dinner appointment for that night. Then the next day we went to a less active who fed us Gulyás leves (I think that's how you spell it), which is basically just Hungarian stew and then some huge pastry thing filled with chocolate. Once again I could barely move. Then we went to another member, and I never thought I would dread seeing plates out on the table to feed us dinner but that time I did. But we pushed through and it was all super delicious.

Okay on a serious note, a couple weeks ago I talked about the Book of Mormon challenge that our mission president challenged us all to do and yesterday I finally finished it. I just wanted to bear my testimony to you all that I know without a doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon is the word of God revealed to men and brought forth through the prophet Joseph Smith for each of us in this latter day. So many incredible blessings have come to me through the Book of Mormon in my life and I know that anyone who reads from the Book of Mormon and takes the promise given by Moroni, will come to know of it's truth if they sincerely want to know and are willing to act on the answer that they receive. This book has strengthened my testimony of Christ more than anything else ever could and it has helped me to find that true hope that can only come through the Atonement and suffering of Jesus Christ on our behalf.

Tovabbi szép napot!

McKim Elder
                                                        A very fancy McDonalds
                                                     We visited a member for his birthday
                                                                   The view from our apartment  





No comments:

Post a Comment