Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 7 June 2016

A Barbecue, a baptism, Book of Mormons and hiking boots.

Sziasztok!

So this week was a very interesting one, with some very interesting experiences.

So as per usual I guess I might as well start with an update on the food that I got this week. So on monday we went over to an American families house for a Memorial day barbecue, so that was pretty sweet, we had burgers and potato salad, that kind of stuff. On wednesday we made (really weird) smores for our international night thing, I never thought my first smore would be in Hungary, but I guess weirder stuff has happened. Then on thursday we had a Less active feed us paprika krumpli (or paprika potato) which as it sounds is pretty much just paprika and potato with a bit of ham, but it's good stuff. Saturday we had a whole bunch of suti, which is basically just a general word for deserts I guess, but I don't even know what any of it was it was just all delicious. Then finally we had another meal with an American family. I'm going to miss the American food when I get transferred out of Pest, but I guess it'll give me a good opportunity to try some sketchy igazi (real) Hungarian food.

This week we mainly just went out finding, we had like 2 planned programs for the entire week, it was crazy. But we had some cool experiences. We had a couple Néni's (old women) let us in for like 2 hours and they fed us ice cream and we gave them all Book of Mormons. We tracted into some Less active members who fed us, then some random guy right after gave us a bag of Haribo lollies. We tracted into this scary looking shirtless Russian guy who was actually super interested and will hopefully become an investigator. Then I tracted into a guy who was wearing nothing but a speedo and hiking boots, when it was raining and like 17 degrees outside. So we had some interesting tracting experiences.

Our investigator Márton got baptised on saturday, which was super cool. He's been investigating the church for a really really long time, he found the church a while ago when he was doing a school project and researching about Mitt Romney, so Mitt Romney pretty much converted my first baptism, but he had to wait until he was 18 to get baptised because his parents didn't agree with the church. But the baptism went really well, besides Elder Jensen nearly dropping him in the font. I'm grateful for having the opportunity to teach Márton, it's helped to show me how we don't earn our baptisms, or even convert people, we just tell them about the Gospel and they convert themselves.

Lastly, this week was Elder Jensen's one year mark, so because he didn't want to burn any of his shirts, he burnt a pair of socks. So I'll put some pictures of that in.

Tóvabbi szép napot!

McKim Elder




No comments:

Post a Comment