Called to serve Feb 2016

Thursday 26 May 2016

Hmmm... Maybe I should learn Hungarian

Jó napot kivánok!

So this was an interesting week with a lot of cool experiences.

On Wednesday we had zone training, which was way good. Our leaders pretty much talked about everything that Elder Jensen and I had identified that we wanted to work on, so hopefully we can take all that into our work here. I also got assigned to give a thought on our Missionary purpose at the training, but what they didn't tell me beforehand was that it would actually have to be in Hungarian (we usually do it in English) but it went well anyway and as far as I know I got across the point that I was trying to share.

Also on Wednesday, we had a lesson with our investigator Marton who is getting baptised in less than 2 weeks. But what was super crazy was that he asked me to confirm him, so in three weeks time I'm going to have to stand in front of my whole ward here and give him a blessing (by the spirit) in Hungarian. I'd like to say that I'm super confident and that I could do it no problem, but I'm a missionary, I couldn't lie to you all like that. I know that as I put in my study though that the Lord will help me to know what to say and how to say it when the time comes, so I'm really excited for it.

So there's this woman in our ward named Edit and pretty much all she does all day every day is sit in the Family history centre and find names to send to the temple, she's probably found close to, if not more than, 1 million names. Well an American family came to our ward yesterday because they were on Holiday and after sacrament meeting the wife asked us if we knew a woman called "Edith", so we asked her if she meant Edit, the one who does all the family history work, and she said that was her. So we introduced them and the American woman started crying and told her that she had done the temple work for 50-60 of the names that Edit had found. It was a super cool experience, and it was super cool to see how the work of salvation had connected these two people who lived thousands of kilometres away from eachother.

I've been thinking a lot the last couple days about the trust the Lord puts in each and every one of us, every day. Each of us are representatives of Jesus Christ. Not just missionaries, but each of us that profess to be members of a church. The way we act as followers of Jesus Christ influence how everyone around us sees him and his teachings, so we need to do everything that we can to represent him in the best way that we possibly can. He also gives us promptings every day through the spirit and puts that trust in us that we will follow those things that he tells us. But even though we break that trust all the time and we move ourselves away from him, he still always wants us back, because he loves us so much and wants us to return to him.

További szép napot!
Sok szeretettel!

-McKim Elder

P.S. Once again, sorry no pics, I took a sweet video of this weird party thing with a bunch of old drunk people that we found on friday, but it's too big to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment