Called to serve Feb 2016

Saturday 14 May 2016

Conference and catch ups.

Sziasztok!

Hogy vagytok? Milyen volt a heted?

Okay now that I've exhausted my Hungarian vocab let's get into what happened this week (just kidding, I have actually learnt a bit more than that in the 3 months I've been gone). Woah, I just realised today is my 3 month mark, time really flies.

So I actually got to eat normal American food (well pretty close to normal) a bunch of times this week, which was pretty exciting. We had a less active member make us the best PB&J's that I've ever eaten in my life, we made ourselves some burritos for dinner and an American family in the ward invited us over for dinner, so the food was pretty great this week. But we also had a Hungarian member in our ward make us a little Hungarian food yesterday too, so yeah, food is good, let's move on.

So on Wednesday we had our greenie training, which was super cool for a lot of reasons. Firstly, getting to see my MTC district again. I really miss those guys, they were pretty cool. So it was great to catch up and hear how every one else's first few weeks of their missions were going. But the training itself was also really good, we talked a lot about the white handbook and our calling as missionaries, I learnt a lot from it. Finally Pékség! or Bakery I guess it would be in English, but yeah delicious Hungarian baked goods. The not so fun part on the other hand was that we got given all of our stuff so that we could spend another whole day sitting in a Hivatal, which we did this morning. So that's a real pain, but hopefully we'll get it over with soon.

So we had Stake conference this weekend, which would normally be great, except for the fact that the whole thing is in Hungarian, so I kind of just sat there picking out words here and there to try and at least get the topic of what they were speaking about. But when we were tracting the other day we tracted into this girl, who we talked to for a while and Elder Jensen gave her the number of a member in our ward. Then on Saturday night, she came to conference, so that was pretty crazy, but also pretty cool.

So funny story from this week, we were tracting in this 10 story and we knocked on this door and this guy in his mid 20's comes to the door with no pants on. So we just talked with him for a while and ended up giving him a Book of Mormon, all while he was pantsless. It was a strange experience.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, so last week after emailing we went to the Basilica and saw a bunch of stuff around there, so I'll send through those pics.

Anyway, Minden Jót Kivanok.

Sok Szeretettel,
McKim Elder





 We found a Kovács Jószef (well almost, Jószefné means wife of Jószef), that's Joseph Smith in Hungarian by the way


No comments:

Post a Comment