Called to serve Feb 2016

Monday 9 October 2017

The show must go on.

Sziasztok!

Here we are, another monday, another email. Somehow we are already down to the last 3 months of this year and this last week I hit the anniversary of 2 years since I got my mission call. I really need to stop complaining about how fast the time is going in these emails...

  Unfortunately, this week started out with me getting a bit sick, but despite the advice of my mission presidents wife, I still had to go out to work, because my great friend, former companion and now assistant to the president, Elder Hughes came down for splits with us here in Duna. Well I at least went to work until Elder Hughes made me come back inside and put me on house arrest for the rest of the night because I was too sick. He tried to heal me with weird juices and a tea made by boiling an onion in a pot of water...
  We were then able to finish off our split the next day with some work which was great, because being inside was the worst. Then after they left we headed off with the sisters to give one of their investigators a blessing in a village a bit outside of the city. It was a cool experience, it's always interesting giving blessings in Hungarian, because you have to listen to the spirit in another language but it works out in the end, so it was fun.
  Thursday we had district meeting and english class, it was a good day, but nothing all that exciting happened.
  Friday we had interviews with President Szabadkai, as per usual, mine was great but nothing too exciting happened. I did get rebuked by Sister Szabadkai though for not resting enough, especially because we were going to Veszprém for splits right after, but we had been super busy last week so there was nothing we could do about it.
  We spent most of the weekend in Veszprém and we had an incredible split. I was with Elder Burnett from Idaho, and he is one of the funniest people I've ever met. We also both started our missions in the same area, so we bonded over that and relived all of our first two transfer stories. We tried to go whiteboarding and it didn't work super well, but we still had a super fun time nonetheless.
  We then came back to Duna for our great weekend of conference. Because of the time difference we watch the first session on saturday night here, then on sunday we watch priesthood at 11, saturday afternoon at 2 and the sunday morning at 6, so we had a pretty full schedule of conference watching, but it was great, especially because we got to watch it in english. One of my favourite talks definitely had to be Elder Rasband's, I really liked all that he said about there not being coincidences, but the Lord's hand is in our lifes in all things. So that's definitely one of my recommendations, but you know, just watch them all and pick your own favourites.

This email ended up super long...

Szeretettel,
McKim elder

No comments:

Post a Comment