Called to serve Feb 2016

Monday 9 October 2017

Meetings with the Board

Helló!

Well another week has come and gone and the time is still flying just as quickly as ever. This week is already going to be october and the last general conference of my mission, so that's pretty crazy, but I'm super excited to learn from our church leaders this week, regardless of the fact that it keeps reminding me how little time I have left...

  Anyway, the interesting part of this week honestly started on wednesday when we had the Kaposvár elders come here for splits. Once again I got to go with my good friend and former companion Elder Stringham, so it was a fun time. We were able to meet with the mayor of a small city just north of Duna called Pusztaszabolcs, but unfortunately there was a slight misunderstanding and he thought that we wanted to meet so that we could discuss establishing a branch in his city and stuff like that, but we were still able to talk about the first vision and stuff like that and he almost started crying, so it was still a cool lesson either way. We also met with one of our recent converts, Eszter, and happened to run into a sister who served here just before we got here at the branch house.
  Thursday we had our zone conference, which took basically our entire day out. It wasn't my favourite zone conference ever but I still always enjoy the conferences. Our training was super short though, so it was kind of nice that we didn't have to prepare too much for it.
  Friday we did some weekly planning to start of the day. Then after that we headed out with the sisters to do some whiteboarding. We could only do it for a little less than an hour but it stiill went pretty well, we each got two potentials out of it, so that's not too shabby. We then got to go to this party that our branch was throwing for something to do with the sun changing, I don't really know. But there were sandwiches, a drawing class, jewelry making and Elder Thomas jamming out on his ukulele, so it was a fun time. By the way, fun fact: Hungarians really love the song "Hallelujah".
  Throughout my mission I've always wanted the opportunity to take something that one of my investigators is addicted to and throw it out for them and saturday was finally the day. I got to throw out all of the cappucino in our investigator family's house and then we bought them hot chocolate to replace it, it was a great feeling.

That's about it for interesting things this week. Have a great week!

Szeretettel,
McKim Elder

PIC!
Post whiteboarding jump pic

No comments:

Post a Comment