Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Prison cookie drop offs.

Üdvözlöm!
Well the weeks are coming and going so fast these days that I feel like I have less and less to write about each week, but life is still fun.
  We were able to meet with Márk again a couple of times this week and we officially finished teaching him everything that he needs to know before his baptism and he's been doing really well in keeping the Word of Wisdom too which is super cool. He has cancelled our last two teachings now, but hopefully it won't be a problem.
  We were also able to teach that couple from last week again and then they both came to church again this week and stayed for all three hours! It was super cool, István really loved being back there and it's just a super cool experience to see somebody coming back to activity in the church.
  We also headed over to Békéscsaba this week to do some exchanges with the Elders there. It was a great time, their apartment makes it feel like you're living in a tree house so it's an adventure. I wish I had taken some pictures of it, but oh well, maybe next time. Working with Elder Veres was great though, he's not scared of anyone, so we had plenty of great conversations in situations that you don't often find yourself in if you stick to the easier people to talk to. It also started raining... a lot... and I had no coat or umbrella... so I got a little wet. For some reason this always happens when we go to other cities.
  We also had someone try and recruit us to go preach in the prison here in Szeged for mainly murderers and rapists and although I know they need the gospel, I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little glad that President shut that idea down pretty quick.
  We made a lot of cookies this week. We gave most of them out, but we also ate a lot of cookies. No regrets...
Have a wonderful week and if anyone wants a delicious cookie recipe I now have one...
- McKim Elder
Unfortunately I can't plug in my thing for pictures this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment