Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 13 June 2017

How can I even describe it?

Boldog Anya napját!
Well this week has honestly just been incredible, I'm not sure how to even put it into words, but I guess I'm going to have to try now, so here it goes...
  Tuesday was the first of many busy days for us this week. We met with a few people but the coolest was meeting again with our investigator Márk. Because he had taken a bit of a break from meeting with us we were a little worried for what might happen, but it went incredibly. He had started praying every single day, he read some from the scriptures and the pamphlets and even found MoTab online and had been listening to it all the time. It was such a beautiful reunion, it made us so happy.
  Wednesday was just incredible. We headed up bright and early to Budapest for mission tour which was basically 5-6 hours of being instructed by Elder Kearon who is the Area President for Europe and soon to be in the Presidency of the Seventy. I wish I could share all the things that I learnt but the biggest lesson that I took from it was just his pure Christ-like love for us and how big of an effect that can have.
  Thursday we had a couple lessons, still super busy but nothing too insane happened, it was just a good solid day of work. We also had our landlord randomly deliver us a new oven at like 9 in the morning because our old one didn't work and Elder Hughes and I had to carry it up 4 flights of stairs. Good thing we've been working out recently.
  Friday was another wonderful day spent being instructed by Elder Kearon. We had our MLC and it was basically just the mission leaders discussing what we learnt from Elder Kearon and how we can help the mission here improve on those things that he shared. It was an incredibly special meeting to be a part of and I am so grateful that I got to take part in it. We also had the surprise of Robinson Testvér (my teacher in the MTC) making a surprise visit to us during MLC, so we got to have a nice catch up with him which was fun. Then when we got home a man came to connect our oven but told us that our entire kitchen was illegal and wouldn't do it, which left us with basically no way to cook any food...
  Until on saturday when a random man who lives in our building came and hooked up our oven! I don't know how legal it was and frankly I don't think I want to know, but we have a working oven now, so that's nice. Saturday was also full of meeting with people including a brand new investigator who turned out to be psychotic (like literally, she lives in a hospital and everything) but she was pretty normal and actually quite cool and also another investigator who we have been trying to meet with for 3 months and they finally set up with us. But the most important of all was Márk, who after a wonderful lesson agreed to be baptised on the 17th of June! Márk really is our miracle here and I just can't express how glad I am for what I've learnt from this experience with him.
  Then Sunday brought the classic mothers day skype with my family, which is always great and we also got to visit with a couple of the members here in the branch. Another wonderful uplifting day.
Well that is the novel of this week. There a thousands of more things that I could have said about things that I learnt or other miracles that we saw, funny stories, etc. but to quote 2 Nephi "nevertheless only these things have I caused to be bwritten, for the things which I have written sufficeth me." Just know that this week has been incredibly wonderful and I loved all of it.
További szép hetet nektek!
-McKim Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment