Called to serve Feb 2016

Thursday 7 April 2016

So close I can pretty much taste it!

Jó napot! (Good day)

So I'm officially less than a week from leaving this wonderful place that we call the MTC. I'm really thankful for the time that I've been able to spend here, but I'm looking forward to heading out into the field. Also due to the fact that I'll be travelling, probably won't get an email out next monday. Sorry!

Anyway this week was super sweet, definitely one of my favourites so far.

After we had an apostle come and speak to us on Sunday, we didn't really think there was much that could live up to that for our tuesday devotional, that was until I walked in and saw that the speaker was Terence M Vinson, who is the only Australian general authority in the church (I think until Elder Meurs was called on saturday). So that was a super cool experience. He gave one of the best talks I've heard from a general authority here, it was all about faith and miracles, just an all round sweet talk. He didn't help my argument against everyone in Australia knowing each other though when I told people that he was actually my Mum's bishop, but it was still super cool.

Thursday was super cool because firstly we got to leave the MTC again, which is always fun, but when we returned the rest of our class was all talking to our friend Farkas Elder, who grew up in Hungary. So he was giving us heaps of tips and stuff with Hungary and just all round getting us super pumped. Then he started talking to our teaching in normal Hungarian talking speed and it was pretty terrifying, but he's a super cool guy and he loves helping us out.

Friday started out interesting with skype TRC again, but nothing too crazy happened, we didn't even get a real Hungarian this time which was kind of disappointing but our lesson went well and nothing went bad, so I guess it's pretty successful. The rest of friday was pretty boring until we finally received the one piece of mail that we had all been waiting for, our flight plans. That just got us super pumped to leave this place and it really hit how close we are to being out into the real world again.

Then this weekend was an awesome experience getting to watch General Conference (Általanos Konferencia) live with almost 1000 other missionaries. I've never enjoyed conference more than I did in my first conference as a missionary. All the sessions had some fantastic talks, but the Saturday morning and Priesthood sessions were probably my favourite two sessions. It made it even better that we had time to review the conference sessions together as a district and discuss what we had learned and how to apply it to our missions and lives.

After conference we had our usual sunday night devotional, which we thought was kind of weird because we had just listened to conference for 10 hours, but it was sweet because the devotional ended up being from BYU vocal point, who are like a world famous a capella group from BYU. We originally thought they were just gonna sing for us and that kind of stuff, but they all bore testimony of their missions in between their performances and it was actually so spiritual, it was crazy, but it was still a great break from our usual.

Okay, so that's my week, the next time I email will probably be from Hungary!

Szeretetemmel!
McKim Elder

PICS!
The Hungarians with the real Hungarian (Farkas Elder, which literally means Elder Wolf)
 Chilling between conference sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment