Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 26 April 2016

A busy week, lessons learned.

Sziasztok!

Well this week has been an interesting one.

Monday
So right after emailing, we visited our investigator, David, who we challenged to be baptised on my first day. But this time our lesson went a little different. To quote my companion "he was either drunk, crazy, possessed or having a stroke". He kept saying "the nephites created the earth" while we were teaching and that was about the only understandable thing to come out of his mouth. It was a weird experience. But he was at church on Sunday and completely normal again, so all is well I guess.

Tuesday
Tuesday was a pretty normal day. We headed over to Buda to visit a member in our ward and we managed to get lost for like 30 minutes, so that was great. I finally got to meet Marton, who is getting baptised in June, super cool dude. He's 17 and has pretty much the greatest hair I've ever seen, he's also going to be serving a mini mission for a month right after he's baptised, which is pretty crazy.

Wednesday
Nothing too interesting happened on Wednesday, it was my companions birthday, but you can't really do anything to celebrate when you have to get to work. So pretty much a normal working day.

Thursday
Our whole fiasco begun on thursday. So Elder Jensen hadn't finished everything he needed to do for his residency issue, so on thursday we had to go to another government building in Buda and it took out most of our day. So moral of thursday, Hivatals suck.

Friday
Friday started with even more Hivatal stuff, but that all got ended when it turns out the place closes at 11 on fridays and we got there at 12. But a cool experience from Friday night. From District meeting, we were going to a guy named Greg Hughes house, but on the way there Elder Jensen realised that he had forgotten the phone and we didn't have his address. So we know the general area and we're searching every single 10 story to try and find him but we have no luck. So I prayed and asked for help to find it. Right after that I looked up and across the street the light at the entrance of one of the buildings lights up and I just knew that it was it, but for some reason I didn't say anything. Then we ended up over near the buildings and we start looking at building 86/a then 86/b but I knew that it was 86/c that he lived in and still didn't say anything. Then my companion started walking away and for some reason I still didn't say anything and just followed him as we left feeling defeated after searching for over 30 minutes. Then when we got home, found our phone, and called Greg, lo and behold, he tells us that his building is actually 86/c the exact one I knew it was all along. So moral of a long story here is, follow the promptings of the spirit, because if I had just followed that prompting that would have saved us a lot of time and embarassment.

Saturday
Saturday was cool, we went to Vác again. It's a really great place and the people there are really just so much kinder and willing to listen to what we have to say. So we really enjoy going to Vác and the work just progresses so much better there.

Sunday
Nothing too out of the ordinary for sunday, Church, visited some people.

Today
Today we finally finished Elder Jensen's residency stuff (I think and hope) then we got to go see some of the sights of Kispest, mainly the Parliament building, so I'll probably send some pictures of that.

Okay that's my week, hopefully all is well back home and I hope everyone has a great week!

Sok Szeretettel!

McKim Elder





No comments:

Post a Comment