Called to serve Feb 2016

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Bucsúzóul

Sok szeretettel köszöntelek benneteket!

Well here we are. I honestly thought that this day was never going to come but this will be my last email as a full-time missionary. It's honestly a bit of a sad time to think that such an incredible period of my life is coming to an end, but I'm trying to look at the bright sides of it.

  We had a pretty cool week, it started out with us having splits, which gave me the great opportunity to spend some time with my now good friend, Elder Millett. We had a great time tracting a bunch and even managed to get the phone number of a young female that we streeted. #OvercomingFears
  We had zone conference this past wednesday and it was honestly a really great meeting, all of the trainings were fantastic. Unfortunately we have this tradition where in your final zone conference they make you stand up and bear your testimony to your entire zone, so I had to do that, as well as watch two of my good friends, Elder Norris and Elder Robinson give their departing testimonies. It was hard but luckily I was able to keep it together. President Szabadkai also likes to make jokes about me going home, which is slightly annoying, but he thinks it's hilarious and I can't help but chuckle when he is, so it's okay.
  The rest of the week just flew by and was filled with a lot of lasts. We had our last district meeting, weekly planning, church, etc. It was a pretty crazy time. The members here were all pretty sad to be saying goodbye to Elder Norris and I already and they kept all thanking us for all of our service that we've done, so in some way, that was at least kind of uplifting.
  Yesterday we also got let in by some woman, who said that she was married to John the revelator in her previous life, can heal apparently anything by just touching it and may have given me some sort of demonic curse, which I don't have more time to explain, but it's okay because we're pretty sure if there was anything that it's gone now.

My mission has honestly been such an incredible time and it's incredibly weird to think that I have to move on now. But I will be forever grateful for all of the things that I've learnt here, all of the things that I've experienced and all of the people that I've met. Hungary will always have a special place in my heart, because this has given me the opportunity to come to better understand this sometimes misunderstood but still wonderful people. Missions will honestly change your life for the better, because it allows the Lord to take you and use you in such a way that helps you become greater than you could ever be on your own.

Tudom, hogy Jézus Krisztus, a szabadítónk, él és, hogy az ő evangéliuma visszaállíttatott Joseph Smith prófétán keresztül. Tudom, hogy a Mormon Könyve Isten, az ő elhívott képviselői által kinyilatkoztatott, szava. Tudom, hogy az Úrnak a felhatalmazása, az ő papsága, az nálunk van.

I love you all and I'll see you soon.

Szeretettel,
McKim elder

No comments:

Post a Comment