Called to serve Feb 2016

Monday 24 October 2016

I'm going to be a dad?

Sziasztok!
Well another nine weeks have passed and that brings us to the end of my third transfer here in Hungary. We got our transfer calls nice and early this morning to tell us of the wonderful news of where we will be spending the next nine weeks and I will be... staying here in Buda, so I'm going to spend my first 8 months here in the beautiful city of Budapest. Though, I did get the slightly terrifying news that I am going to become a Dad, meaning I'm getting a brand new missionary fresh out of the pre-existence (MTC). It's definitely not going to be easy because I'm still pretty young in the mission and my language skills aren't quite where I wanted them to be before I train, but it's going to be an amazing experience. I won't know who I get until tomorrow, but I'll get to meet him today because we get to take all the new missionaries (that arrived maybe 2 hours ago) streeting around the mission home, which will be good fun.
  The week leading up to transfers is always super crazy but we had plenty of fun still this week. On Wednesday we got to have our zone day for reaching the challenge, so we spent the whole day playing some sports and we got to watch the movie Zootropolis together as a zone, it was a super fun day and I highly recommend Zootropolis to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
  Thursday we headed over to the Hivatal early in the morning and luckily got everything done for our residency card stuff without a huge hassle, but it's always a bit of a pain dealing with Government offices. Then when we came back, our landlord was replacing our washing machine which was great because we've had to handwash all of our clothes for the last 3 weeks due to the old one breaking down. Handwashing was especially bad because with it being fairly cold here now, it takes a couple days for anything that gets that wet to dry, so the new washing machine is definitely nice. We then had our final district meeting as well as teaching English class, so it was a pretty packed day.
  Friday we went out to Budaörs and we finally found ourselves a new investigator, so we were able to teach her a really good lesson about the family and a bit about the plan of salvation, she really loved it. Then we were able to head back and start our splits where I got to go with my good friend Elder Robinson again, we didn't really have any crazy miracles this time, but we did get a lot of good work done which is nice.
  The next few days were mainly just spend preparing for the transfer and making sure everything was in order in case we got whitewashed out, but we did go get probably the best burger  that I've had so far in Hungary.
So that was pretty much my week, I'm excited for the things to come in the upcoming transfer, we're coming up to some of the coolest holidays in Hungary so it'll be cool to see Budapest during those times.

Minden jot!
-McKim Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment