Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Week 26: Transfer call Tuesday...

Jó napot barátaim!

So what a crazy week this was. I guess I'll start with this morning because it's really the most interesting. So today is transfer call tuesday and after 4 months here in wonderful Pest, I'm finally getting transfered, but I just have to hop over to the other side of the Duna river because I'll be serving in Buda. So I still won't get to leave the big city, but it's going to be a fun adventure. I'll be serving with Elder Stringham from Utah, who only came in one transfer before me and we're opening up the companionship, so it's going to be a crazy transfer full of adventures. Buda is also going to be interesting because it's the centre of the mission, so we'll be serving around the AP's and STL's and going to church with President Szabadkai, it'll be a super fun experience.

So, the rest of the week. Monday was super fun, we went to the Budapest zoo as a district. They had a whole section on Australian animals so I got to show all my district our wildlife, I even got to pat an emu. Then we went over to Hero square and got a sweet district picture, because it'll probably be our last.
Most of the rest of our week was pretty chill, just doing normal missionary work and getting ready for transfers and stuff, until Saturday. Saturday we headed out to Vác to visit a few people, the first was a guy who we met with at the start of last transfer but were never able to meet with him again. So we couldn't quite find his house and a nice néni started helping us, then she told us that we could come teach her as well if we would like. So we called the guy we were trying to meet with and he said about an hour later would be good, so we just had a super good teaching with this lady, who feels like she has received a calling to share christianity with people and she was super excited when we gave her a Book of Mormon. Then we met with the guy from before, he basically just told us that he read the entire Book of Mormon and Jesus taught people on mountains and stuff so he'd rather learn like that then going to church. So my companion just said "well you don't really know what our church is like, so how can you say it's not good?" and so now he's coming to church next week. Finally we went to visit our friend Mihaly who lives in the tallest building in Vác and he used to be the person who looked after the building, so he took us up onto the roof so that we could take pictures of the whole city, then we went and had a super good lesson about temples. Way cool day, I also bought a fly winter jacket.
On Sunday I had to speak in Church for the first time since I've got here. I got given the topic of fasting, which is already kinda hard to talk about in english, but Hungarian was just another whole level, it was super hard. But I think it went okay in end, it felt super weird to have something I say get translated back into english though haha.
Then Monday was just black monday, so we got some lunch with a member and then went tracting with them before going and meeting with our super cool friend Greg. Black mondays are always just super strange days but it was still kinda fun.

So yeah, new area, new comp, same city. It's going to be a great transfer ahead.

Have a great week!

-McKim Elder
                                                                          A Lemur that I touched at the Zoo
                                                           
                                                                         Picture I took from Mihaly's roof

                                              Pretty much the most interesting guy in the world, Greg Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment