Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 16 August 2016

So normal it was strange...

Szervusztok!

Well another week has passed here in wonderful Hungary and strangely enough it was pretty much a normal missionary week. It was honestly a nice change of pace from the crazy weeks we've been having.

So with the transfers coming up, that meant that last monday would be our interviews with President Szabadkai, everything was going great and normal until the very end of my interview when he said "We have a lot of new missionaries coming in so I can say that you're going to be training very soon, make sure you prepare for that", so I don't know if that means that upcoming transfers I will train or just in the future, but I'm a little terrified. It would be kind of hard to train a greenie when I barely speak Hungarian myself, but I'm sure I'd get through if that's what happens.
Later in the week we were able to meet with our investigator Dávid twice, which was super cool. One time we just answered a few of his questions and then watched "Meet the Mormons" with him and the other we talked about service. It went super good and he's super excited to be getting baptised.
Somehow our entire district got sick this week except for Elder Winkel and I, so not really sure how that happened but we dodged a bullet apparently, so that was good. Well for us, not really for the rest of our district.
We also got to do service and help our American friend Greg to move all of his furniture and stuff in his apartment so that he can get some painting done, so that was cool, he bought us some pizza as well which is always sweet.

But yeah nothing really crazy happened this week, just preparing myself to say goodbye to everyone because I'll probably be leaving to a smaller city in a week and a half.

Hope you all have a great week. All the best!
- McKim Elder

PICS!
Trio pics that I wanted to send last week but they didn't work

                                                                              Keleti train station
                                                           Hero Square (Hôsōk Tere)
                                                                    Parliament

No comments:

Post a Comment