Called to serve Feb 2016

Sunday 28 February 2016

Week 2, leaving the 'bubble'.

Sziasztok!
So we just finished week 2 and plenty happened this week.

We taught our "investigator" Péter 3 times this week. They got better and better each time that we taught him, we even tried committing him to baptism in one of the lessons, but that didn't go so well. Our teaching and Hungarian skills are really coming along though, my companion and I even taught without using a script in our last lesson, which we thought was pretty crazy. Then what do you know Péter actually did turn out to be our new teacher, but he's pretty good, so we're looking forward to more lessons with him.

We had our tuesday devotional and it was absolutely incredible, we had Elder Rasband come and speak to us and he had a Q&A with us about the talk that he gave in 2010 where he talked about assigning missionaries. It was fantastic to hear from one of the men who assigns the missionaries of how sacred and spiritual of an experience it is for him when does it.

My companion and I got to leave the bubble a few times this week, between temple and doctors appointments for his broken arm we got to leave 4 days this week, which was pretty cool.

Funny story, so last week when we went to the temple, they have a rack where you put your jackets before you go in and get changed, then when we all came out, my jacket wasn't on the rack! It was stolen!  Name tag and all! So I had to walk back from the temple in the freezing cold with no jacket, but eventually the temple got it back the next day so I went and picked it up and all was well. Crazy story though, plenty of jokes too.

I finally found Sister Capin on Thursday and it turns out that we have the same meal time so we've been seeing plenty of each other for the last couple days. It's great to finally have an Australian around in this sea of Americans.

The rest of the week was pretty chill, mostly just study and stuff, so that's pretty much all I've got for today.

Love you all!
Bye!

PS. Here are some pictures, the first one is my district at the temple, then My companion and I with Sister Capin and her companion.



No comments:

Post a Comment