Called to serve Feb 2016

Monday 13 November 2017

"Haha, good try..."

Tisztelt olvasók,

Well, here we are at the end of another transfer and sadly my time both with Elder Thomas and here in Duna is coming to an end, but that just means that it's time for some incredible new beginnings. For some reason President has decided to keep me as a zone leader, so I'll be heading to Győr to be with Elder Robinson, my MTC companion. This is seriously one of the best calls that I could have gotten, it's almost too perfect. My entire mission I have wanted to serve in Győr and with Elder Robinson and I thought that both of them were never going to happen at this point, but you know, sometimes miracles happen. Győr is absolutely beautiful so hopefully I'll remember to take a bunch of photos.
I had a terrible experience this morning though when I got my call because at approximately 7:05am I got a call from a private number, which 95% of the time is another missionary try to play a joke on you and scare you. So I pick up the phone and say "haha, good try..." then after a short silence I hear the response from the other end (in Hungarian) "I'm President Szabadkai, this is your transfer call, who am I speaking with?" So after a solid couple seconds of trying to work out if this is a joke or not, I realise that it actually is President and I desperately start trying to explain myself, but I think he took it in good stride, well hopefully anyway.

  As for the rest of the week, there wasn't actually really anything too noteworthy. We had our final district meeting on Thursday, where we pretend like it's general conference and all give talks, it was pretty fun. Gyöngyi was in the hospital the last few days so we went and visited here a couple times which was really fun. We also made Palacsintas (Hungarian crepes) and delivered them to some people. Last but not least we got to go to a drawing class that one of the members here held this week. We all drew pictures of Jesus and mine actually came out not too bad. I think I actually learned something from that class, because for those of you who know my drawing capabilities, sometimes I even struggle to draw stick figures, so yeah...

Anyway, that's it for this week, Have a great week and next week I'll send greetings from Győr.

Szeretettel,
McKim elder

PICS!
ran out of real food on Sunday night, so I deep fried this pickle... not too bad actually

                                                                              My drawing of Jesus

We brought Erzsi palacsintas but we couldn't go inside because there was no male, so she brought us chairs 
so we talk for  a bit outside her apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment