Called to serve Feb 2016

Monday 4 September 2017

BAPTISMS!

Szervusztok!

Well this was a pretty beautiful and special week for us here in Dunaújváros. I also hit my 18 month mark this week, which is absolutely terrifying because that means that I only have 6 months left. I don't know where all the time went so quickly. Also two of the sisters that I was in the MTC with went home this week, so yeah, that's how old I am now. 

  Our week started with a wonderful little trip to Veszprém, where we had splits with the elders there. I had the fantastic opportunity to work with Elder Rohner, the only other Australian in this whole mission. It was great. People try to act all smart a lot here and tell us about how terrible America is while we're tracting, so it's really fun to be able to just say "Actually, we're both Australians" and then watch them freak out about how far we came to get here. It's pretty entertaining. We had some super successful finding though, we had 3 let ins in one tracting session, one of which was with a man who runs a little group of about 10 people who have no religion but search for truth in the bible and gather together to discuss it every week, so they're probably going to baptise them all. haha.
  We spent the large part of our week meeting with our two investigators who were on baptismal date, to make sure that they were still ready. The key word in that sentence being "were" because they BOTH GOT BAPTISED! It was super great, the actual ordinance was kind of sketchy because we had two fairly new members performing the baptisms, but it got done and now they're both members of the church which is super crazy. President Szabadkai also came and visited us at the baptism with his family, so that was also pretty cool, the branch really appreciated it. 
  I also had the opportunity this week to do a baptismal interview for one of the sisters investigators here, but unfortunately he didn't meet the standards, so we have to push his date back a little. It was definitely an interesting experience having to tell someone in an interview that they couldn't be baptised right now, but I think in the end it was a pretty uplifting experience. At least I tried to make it one.

Well those were the main interesting parts of the week that I could remember. So have a wonderful week and legyetek mindig jó!

-McKim Elder

Also I forgot to take any pictures at this baptism, but President took a couple so maybe I'll get them from him somehow, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment