Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 28 February 2017

Can't always stay for two...

Kedves jó napot!

Well although 10 weeks ago it seemed like this transfer would never come to an end, it is actually here and as you might have already guessed, my time here in Kaposvár has already come to an end. It's been an incredible time here, we had a fantastic district and the members here are amazing even if there aren't too many of them, so I'll be sad to leave so soon. On the plus side there's always another city and new opportunities ahead. In this upcoming transfer I'll be headed to the beautiful city of Szeged with Elder Hughes, we will also be the zone leaders for the south east zone. It's going to be a really great time, I've heard lots of great things about Elder Hughes and Szeged is one of the cities that I really wanted to serve in, so it'll be a cool transfer and I'm sure that I'll learn a lot.

Before I tell you all about my week, I want to let you know about one of the things that I will miss the most about this wonderful city of Kaposvár: Hek. Hek is the most wonderful food establishment that I have ever come across, every day they have a new daily meal (or a few set meals that you can choose) which consists of as much soup as you would like and then a delicious main course, all for only 690 Forint ($3 AUD). Needless to say we have been eating lunch there a lot. We were actually introduced to it by a potential investigator of ours and so we even get to eat lunch and talk with him all the time too, so it's even increased our missionary work. It's going to be very missed to me.

Now that I've got that out the way.
  Tuesday was valentines day and as such we felt that it would only be right for us to have our companion exchanges then. So I spent the day with Elder Harris where we came up with the idea of Gofris and Long walks where we basically just found a whole bunch of former investigators to look up and then took our dinner hour to have a companion date eating Gofris (Belgian waffles basically).
  Wednesday was pretty normal, just normal tracting, look ups, etc.
  Thursday we had our final district meeting together in the district. I asked the Petersons (the senior couple here) to share a presentation about their mission and what they had learned because they go home in a week and it was really great. I learnt a lot from them about how every one of the members here has a story and something we can learn from them.
  Friday and saturday were both pretty normal, although on saturday we had a whole bunch of brown sugar left in our apartment (which is nearly impossible to find in Hungary and very expensive), so we decided to make a whole bunch of cookies, which was super fun. They turned out alright, not as good as Sister Peterson's (or Elder Harris') but they were still decent.
  Sunday was our final time at church for the transfer, I was pretty sure I was leaving so it was filled with a whole bunch of sad goodbyes to some good friends here.
  Yestereday was also nothing too crazy, just apartment checks and getting everything ready for transfers.

I'm excited for a new transfer in a new city and hopefully it will bring many exciting experiences.

Minden jót!

- McKim Elder

PICS!

                                               Magdus realised this week that I have a dimple on my left cheek..    

                                                       

Márti! She's the greatest, she would feed us food every week and we'd always be stuffed but it was always amazing.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment