Called to serve Feb 2016

Tuesday 20 December 2016

Wait... again?

Hellosztok!

So the final week of another transfer is coming to an end and so today is the terrifying Transfer Call Tuesday. I'd be lying if I said that my call wasn't at least a little unexpected. I'll be spending the next 10 weeks in the wonderful city of Kaposvár with a brand new son. Yep somehow I'm training again. I'm also reopening the Kaposvár area, so I guess I didn't get either of those right the first time here in Buda, so President Szabadkai is giving me a second shot to see if I can do it. Hopefully all goes well, I really don't know much about Kaposvár other than that it was Elder Winkel's favourite city, so it should be good and hopefully we can get some work going down there pretty quick. I'm also going to be the District Leader, I don't really know what I have to do but I guess I'll work it out as I go.

The rest of our week was way good. Tuesday was the most people that we have met with in a day the whole time that I've been here. That said it was only 3 but that was pretty full for us. We met with a man who was a potential that we got from the assistants and he was super legit. We taught him the restoration and he seems like he could be a really solid investigator. After that we met with two different members, Laci Bácsi and Balázs. We were able to share the christmas initiative with both of them and so it was a pretty good day.
  Wednesday was our zone day, that we got for reaching the zone challenge this transfer. So we all headed up to Pest and we got a day full of sports and fun all together as a zone, which also included getting to watch Finding Dory and eating a whole bunch of Pizza, it was a way fun day.
  Thursday was the normal craziness of our final district meeting and then us having to teach English class in Érd. It's going to be nice not having to rush so much on Thursdays anymore.
  Friday we had splits with the Érd Elders and so I got to serve with Elder Robinson one last time before we part ways again. It was good we just did a bunch of tracting and a bit of streeting but it was still fun. We then got to attend a baptism of a woman that the sisters have been teaching here in Buda. Her husband has been a member for a while and everyone already though she was a member so it was great to see her finally take the step and be baptised.
  On Saturday Elder Allred and I did a bit of tracting together before heading to another baptism of a woman named Zsuzsa who the assistants have been teaching. She had also been waiting a while to be baptised so she was really excited to finally receive that blessing. After the baptism we got to go out caroling with the Buda district at a few popular spots around the city, which was super fun. 
  Sunday we had the Primary presentation in our ward which was super cute. It was interesting because I realised that all the Primary kids actually speak english as well as Hungarian and at this point they're probably all better than me at both of them.
  Monday was what we call Black Monday and as such we decided to treat ourselves with a special lunch at this way good burger place called Magic Burger. It was kind of expensive but it was way worth it. After that we just did a bit of tracting and preparing the area for me leaving, then we got to visit a member who fed us some delicious paprikás csirke and gave us Reese's to take home with us. Little Black Monday miracles.

So I'm in for a week full of craziness and business, but everything should hopefully go well and next week I'll be able to introduce you all to my new son!

Hope you all have a great week!

-McKim Elder

                                                                                Black Monday burgers


Random bull statue in the park we street in

No comments:

Post a Comment