Called to serve Feb 2016

Monday 12 September 2016

Week 30: Little Miracles

Üdvözlöm benneteket!

I can't believe the weeks are flying past so quickly, this past week marked 7 months since I left home and today is 5 months since I entered this wondeful little country, I don't know how I've already used up so much of the short time that I have.

So this week wasn't anything too crazy, but as indicated by the subject of this email, it was filled with a bunch of little miracles which is always great.

We started our wondeful week with a bit of a P-day adventure to one of the biggest malls in Budapest, where we found one of the only Pizza Huts in this entire country. We eat a lot of pizza as missionaries here in Hungary, but that pizza was worth every forint I paid for it. We then took a little expedition out to see the Opera house because my companion hadn't seen it yet and took some cool pictures, all round pretty solid day.
Wednesday we headed out to a small city just outside of Budapest called Budaörs, where we met with a super cool member, did some tracting, then we found out they had an Ikea and so naturally we had to stop in for a nice Swedish meatball dinner.
We had a really cool experience on Friday, where we had just finished making some calls to previous investigators from the Area book and the time had come that we had set for tracting. My companion was feeling a little down due to the lack of success we had from the calls, but I encouraged him that we should still go tract anyway because I have experienced that the greatest blessings I've seen in tracting have come from the days when I went and did it even though I didn't necessarily want to. As soon as we started at the building a nice lady let us into the building and wished us luck, so we headed up to the top. We were able to give out 2 Book of Mormons in that building and bear strong testimonies to at least 4-5 people, probably more than we have had in any other day that we've been together. Super cool little miracle that we saw from just being doing the work.
Saturday we got to do some service for a member in the ward who was moving to another city, which was super fun, then he ordered us 2 of the best pizzas I've ever had in Hungary to our apartment to thank us. They were super good, but it was kind of ruined by the fact that we came back to find that we had no water at all in our apartment, so that kind of sucks when two sweaty guys come home from helping someone move.
Then we just finished the week with a nice fast sunday, we had a super good testimony meeting and my companion and I decided to close our fast with a nice fancy asian noodle meal from some bag. Solid day.

Hope you all have a wondeful week!

- McKim Elder

PICS FINALLY!!!
                                                          Majestically looking into the Duna River


                                            Majestically sitting on the steps of an art museum


               The government has been putting up anti-immigration ads everywhere so someone
                      started putting up these to make fun of them. It says "Life is beautiful".

No comments:

Post a Comment